The Spektrum DX5 Rugged Green edition features an upgraded panel from the previous model, offering an improved feel, control, and system operation. The DX5 Rugged redefines transmitter control with a level of durability to match the tough conditions off-roaders, bashers and boaters encounter constantly. Starting with a chassis based on the superb Spektrum ergonomic design found on the popular DX5C and competition favorite DX5 Pro. By integrating cordless power tool protection features, the DX5 can endure similar punishment. The result is a class-leading RC system with unmatched durability in addition to other innovative features that unite with a level of precision, versatility and convenience you won’t want to play without.
Molded Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) bumpers surround the radio chassis to protect it against drops, bumps and even a few bangs here and there. There’s no external antenna to snag or worry about—a low-profile ridge on the chassis protects the robust high-speed signal output internally. A versatile front chassis guard enhances durability further and provides mounting options for user-integrated accessories such as a camera, light source or anything else. The pair of lanyard mounting points gives drivers the ability to keep the transmitter close and gain a free hand when not driving. An easy-access accessory compartment makes it possible to can carry small tools, such as a T-wrench that smartly snaps into the internal mount provided. Transmitter water-resistance has been increased to give drivers peace of mind should there be an unexpected splash of water or some drops of rain. Last, but not least, is an aggressive off-road style steering wheel that expands its ruggedness even further, AND equipped it with an innovative thumb-lever to make controlling your vehicle with one-hand safer and more precise.
To conquer the wild, the DX5 Rugged gives you 5-channel versatility and hosts an array of auxiliary switches for lights, winches and more. Its interface features an innovative capacitive-touch control panel that offers a greater resistance to moisture and is easy to use. Simply slide your finger over the control panel and tap to select the menus, options and values on the easy-to-read LCD display. Integrated telemetry capability allows you to view vital data such as motor RPM, vehicle speed, battery voltage and temperature right on the transmitter in real-time (Vehicle must be equipped with a telemetry-enabled receiver like the SR6000T - sold separately).
No matter what you're driving, the AVC technology programming capability in the DX5 Rugged can be easily tuned meet your skill level or driving style with control that makes it feel like you're at the wheel of a vehicle that handles predictably at every speed.
- Spektrum Smart Technology ready
- Special Edition Green custom color case
- Updated touch panel - from previous DX5 Rugged releases - features better feel, control and operation
- Bold styling that's aggressive with a focus on class-leading durability
- Inspired by the ergonomically-recognized Spektrum™ DX5 Pro and DX5C transmitters
- Water-resistant* chassis design protects against minor splashes (*The DX5 Rugged instruction manual details water resistance limitations.)
- Dual lanyard mounts provide radio safety and accessibility
- Surrounded rubber-bumper chassis protection
- Built-in front chassis guard offers user-inspired accessory mounting options
- Intuitive software based on user-tested functionality that's clean and simple
- Innovative thumb-steering lever makes one-hand operation safer and more precise
- Non-slip removable rubber hand grip and off-road treaded steering wheel
- Built-in telemetry capability (telemetry compatible devices sold separately)
- Convenient built-in tool storage compartment
- Large easy-to-read LCD screen
- Five-channel, full-proportional versatility
- Frequency-agile, Spektrum™ DSMR® 2.4GHz technology
- Program and fine-tune compatible receivers with AVC® technology
- Bind-progress screen displays status and frame rate
- Compatible with DSM2® receivers