The HobbyZone® Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m Chandra Patey Limited Edition RTF is based on the best-selling Carbon Cub S 2. It is inspired by Chandra Patey's, wife of Mike Patey (of DRACO fame!), full-scale CubCrafters Carbon Cub. Equipped with Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE® technology, this scale replica makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully. Plus, the addition of an extra G2 battery, a spare propeller, RealFlight Trainer Edition software, and a WS2000 wireless dongle in the Limited Edition, along with the option to add SAFE Plus® GPS-enabled technology and the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS), makes learning to fly even easier than ever before! Even if you've never flown a radio-controlled aircraft before, the Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m CP Limited Edition RTF is the most versatile, capable, and easiest to fly scale RC airplane yet!
Includes Exclusive And Value-adding Features:
- Two Spektrum 3S 2200mAh 30C G2 Smart LiPo batteries for even easier and safer charging/use, plus the added flight time and convenience of having two batteries
- Includes a Spektrum™ WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle plus a Steam® code to download and activate the RealFlight® Trainer Edition RC flight simulator
- Decals/markings replicating Chandra's full-scale aircraft plus a collectible box
- A spare propeller
- The most capable, versatile, and easiest to fly scale trainer, based on the iconic Carbon Cub from CubCrafters
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology to add AutoLand, Virtual Fence, and Holding Pattern features
- Optional and easy to install Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) available for smoother landings
- 100% complete, including a controller/transmitter, batteries, and a charger, so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 3S 11.V 2200mAh 30C G2 Smart LiPo batteries deliver long flight times up to 10-15+ minutes per charge
- Spektrum S120 Smart charger works with a variety of USB power sources
- Factory-installed servos, Spektrum flight controller, and serial receiver
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system including a 30A telemetry-capable ESC
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers, including loops, rolls, and upside down (inverted) flight
- Robust landing gear with oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Quick and easy assembly—no glue or special tools required
- Durable EPO construction that's tough yet lightweight
- Optional floats are available for flying from water
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Practice flying this aircraft in the included RealFlight® RC flight simulator
The Most Capable, Versatile, And Easiest To Fly Scale Trainer
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality! We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before.
The HobbyZone® Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m Chandra Patey Limited Edition RTF is based on the best-selling Carbon Cub S 2 and is inspired by Chandra Patey's, wife of Mike Patey, full-scale CubCrafters Carbon Cub. Chandra Patey became a licensed pilot after five months of secretly training in 2003. With no idea that his wife had even considered flying, her husband was shocked as she landed and rolled right in front of him in their Cessna 172 for the first time. Her initial intent for learning to fly was to be a capable emergency backup to her husband, but she quickly discovered her own joy flying from the pilot seat. Chandra soon found the perfect plane for herself: a beautiful CubCrafters Carbon Cub SS. The Carbon Cub was built for low and slow flying, perfect for backcountry flights and landing off-field. As she says about flying the Carbon Cub, "Like life, it is all about the experience."
The HobbyZone® Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m Chandra Patey Limited Edition (CP LE) RTF is the easiest to fly, most capable, and versatile scale trainer RC airplane yet! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. And you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Oversized tires make it possible to take off and land on various surfaces, including thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails, and smooth pavement, or you can install the optional floats to fly from water—which adds to its unmatched versatility and capabilities.
The Carbon Cub S 2 1.3m CP LE RTF is equipped with a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC that provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage, and more to compatible Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters, and even approximate flight battery power remaining via the LEDs on the DXS transmitter. The addition of exclusive Spektrum Smart components, including two G2 lithium polymer (LiPo) batteries and a charger, make it more convenient to charge correctly and safely. And you have the option to easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology that offers features such as AutoLand and Virtual Fence, along with the option to install the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) that automatically "flares" for smoother landings, to make learning to fly—and to land safely—easier than ever!