The Onyx 100 cuts the price of peak charging to the bone while offering the modeler admirable convenience: AC/DC versatility, NiCd/NiMH compatibility, automatic start, stop and trickle charging, a port for charging radio packs and a 5-year limited warranty. They're a compact, economical option for electric car or boat modelers, with charge currents that make them as useful for 600mAh "AAA" as sub-C cells, and for 1/18 scale "micros" as well as 1/8 scale monsters.
- A tiny, lightweight built-in switching AC power supply is great for portability and small pit areas.
- Selectable charge currents of 1A, 2A, and 4 amps with auto-trickle function.
- Intelligent peak detection design safely fills NiCd and NiMH batteries automatically.
- An auto-start function with status LED makes setup simple.
- Includes a unique socket for charging radio batteries.
- A DC power lead with alligator clips easily connects to many 12V DC power sources.
- Output connection includes standard plug.
- A backup safety timer automatically stops charge to prevent accidental battery overcharge.
- Solid-state reverse polarity and current overload safety devices ensure trouble-free operation and long duration.
- Features a case with a modern new look.
- 5-year limited manufacturer warranty (U.S.A. and Canada customers only).
AC input: 110V AC 60Hz
DC input: 11-15V DC, built-in lead with alligator clips
Battery types: 4-8 NiCd or NiMH Cells (4.8-9.6V, limited to 7 cells on DC)
Battery capacity range: 600-6000mAh
Fast charge current: 1, 2, or 4A linear (2A limit on AC)
Fast charge termination: peak detection
Fast charge safety timer: 90 minutes
Peak sensitivity: 8mV
Auto-trickle current: 1/20 fast charge setting
Controls: auto-start, switchable current selector
LED indicator: red
Output connections: built-in lead with standard connector built-in jack for radio batteries
Protective devices: solid-state reverse polarity and current overload circuitry
Case size: 3.5 x 4.1 x 1.1 in (90 x 104 x 29 mm)
Weight: 9.2 oz. (260 g)